Tuesday 26 February 2013

Weekly Walk #6 Abbots Ann Circular

It can be hard to find time to exercise in a busy work week, especially when you're catching up after a holiday, but thankfully, there's always a short circular walk to hand, be it a lap around the park, local woods, or simply around the block. This week, for weekly walk #6, I crammed in a short walk of the Abbots Ann estate after work, and was back in time for tea.

I parked in a tree lined car-park opposite the church and crossed over the road to walk a path opposite the graveyard. I came out in the village and took a turning up a residential street to emerge at the start of the Abbots Ann estate.





Now the walk really starts to feel like a circular as you follow a long winding path all the way to a barn and private woodland at the end. You can take a path to the left soon after emerging to cut out most of the walk and head straight back to the village, but I felt like pressing on.




I walked towards a road and farmhouse, before turning left to follow the edge of a field, and eventually took a right between trees into a second field, which I followed to a style at the end. I saw a hawk or maybe a buzzard as I walked the tree lined path, and followed it for a while as it swooped from branch to branch. If only my camera battery hadn't run flat.


As my camera died, here's the style in summer
I followed the path until I could see where I started back on the far left hand side, and followed the path to the road. I turned left and then almost immediately right to head through a small gate that looked like someone's garden, but was in fact a footpath between houses. I followed the path to the end and turned left through a tree lined path alongside the road, until I reached my car.

Another summery shot of the estate
It was a simple, short walk, but got my heart beating, and gave me the delight of fresh air and a few animal encounters; a healthy way to unwind after work.



No comments:

Post a Comment