Friday 19 July 2013

Five Adventures from the Last (and next) Few Weeks!

I didn't write last week or even take a walk (which is killing me) but I've been on a whirlwind of adventures big and small, so I thought I'd blog about them and prove I've not just been avoiding my desk; honest.

1. I Went to a Wedding.

I had the role of videographer at my uncles wedding on Sunday, allowing me to play around with pans and zooms as I captured the day on an old school mini-dv camera and cheap tripod. I really need to upgrade my kit (and get some decent editing software - any suggestions?) but I had great fun.


We had a barn dance in the evening, which was great, yet exhausting in the heatwave.



It was a lovely venue with crazy golf and bowling for the guests, overlooking a field of cows; a real country wedding!

2. I Made Some Mean Pad Thai.


I love to cook, and having debated a series of cooking posts in the past, I thought I'd finally seize the moment. This recipe, from the Asda magazine, wasn't as sweet as other Pad Thai recipes I've tried, but it was really simple and tasty, and using Quorn chicken pieces, was perfect for vegetarians too.


I loved playing with depth of field in this shot of lime zest, though it's quite difficult to cook and document at the same time.

3. I Graduated!


It was great to see my friends and tutors from the MA Film Screenwriting course at the Lowry Theatre in Salford Quays. It was strangely relaxed compared to my first degree ceremony in Aberystwyth, with a student brass-band performing a variety of film theme tunes with a random Mexican bandit and Inspector Clueseo. I clapped and cheered and really enjoyed it, despite my sweaty palms as I went on stage to shake the Chancellors hand and receive my paper scroll. 

4. I Took Some Pictures.


I recently found inspiration to take better photos, so in a trial run before my next walk, I played with the aperture setting on my camera with some weeds in the garden.

5. And, I'm Going to Slovenia!


I'm not sure what I'm more excited about; blogging about a real adventure in another country, seeing another fellow graduate and my friend's beautiful country, or having time off to hike, sight-see, and relax. Possibly all three in equal measure. I shall see if I can get on-line and post some pictures and awesome road-trip tales, or else I'll have a nice Slovenia guide post written when I get back.

Look out for more of my adventures in August, including the Bristol Balloon Fiesta and a host of walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment