Sunday 3 February 2013

A Mad Dash - Weekly Walk #3


I'd been looking forward to a two hour walk from Old Sarum, an Iron Age Hill Fort and site of the original Salisbury, so was disheartened to discover I only had an hour before the car-park closed. I decided to give it a go, and set out to see how far I could get.
I set off at my fastest pace down the hilly car-park road, and took a narrow path along open fields. I soon crossed a busy main road and continued towards a cottage.
I charged ahead on the sandy path and admired the towering fort behind me, before I ran out of time (and breath) and decided to call it quits and head back for a gentle amble.
I took lots of pictures of the view overlooking Salisbury Cathedral.

I'll complete the walk one morning to give me lots of time. There were great views on the first quarter, and I look forward to discovering what the rest of the walk has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment